It’s time for the annual tradition of “Gee, I kinda wish that weren’t a joke” April Fool’s Day gags here at SBTB.
I know many, many people really dislike April Fool’s Day, and I get it. It’s hard enough to know what’s true, and I’ve fallen for many a well-written prank on April 1. (I totally fell for the one about what was in Prince’s fridge years ago.)
But I also love coming up with silly and affectionate April Fool’s Day pages – so this year?
Smart Dishes, Trashy Cooks!
Drink and cocktail concoctions! Recipes for small plates and easy-to-make, easy-to-eat foods you can devour with one hand because heaven forbid you have to put down your book!
Really, we all just want to feed you, make you a drink you’ll enjoy, and make sure you have books to read. That’s it.
This is, of course, not the only time we’ve wanted to feed everyone on April Fools.
Back in 2016 we made snack box subscriptions, including one for you and one for your pet.
And one of my all-time most-favorite April Fool’s Day?
Our 2015 Time-stopping wearable device that doubles as a reader, pedometer, page counter, audio device, sale alarm, and timekeeper.
It stops time so we can read more. I love it so much.
Our complete list of silliness is below, should you wish to take a trip down WTF-Lane.
Otherwise, stay hydrated, keep reading, and Happy April, everyone!
- April Fools 2017: Create your own Bespoke Book Review: includes Platinum Level customizations like the phrase, “This book had too much sex in it!”
- April Fools 2016: Smart Bitches, Tasty Snacks! A subscription snack box for you and for your pets because we really want to feed you.
- April Fools 2015: The Year of the Wearable – For Romance Readers!
- April Fools 2014: Introducing Bitchster, the Best Social Network for Romance Readers
- April Fools 2013: Smart Bitches, An Amazon Prime Company
- April Fools 2012: Smart Bitches Who Love Great Web Deisgnz!
- April Fools 2011: Announcing The TBR Press: Just Another Digital Publishing Endeavor
- April Fools 2010: Only the finest hand-crafted reviews for sale!
- April Fools 2009: The ICH and Jane Litte threaten to sue us over the Bosoms book. We’re being bloody sued?!
- April Fools 2008: We’re assimilated into the Dear Author network as Jandy and Jarah.
- April Fools 2007: Chink & Jewy’s Romance Novels the unused, extremely, highly offensive original title one of us suggested for the site (holy smoke does this make me cringe now. Oh, Past Sarah. Honey.)
- April Fools 2006: MY NAME IS MAN-TITTE THE TOP HEAVY. KNOW MY NAME AND DESPAIR.
- April Fools 2005: Smart Bitches Who Love Fluffy Bunnies!
Happy April, folks. See you next year!
Powered by WPeMatico